Peripheral Vision does not play well with Internet Explorer, which has issues with blogger. Try Firefox or Safari instead.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Who am I, and why am I here?

So it seemed like a good idea to actually post a picture (see below) before getting deep and philosophical about why I finally started a blog, but all I've got is that it seemed like a good idea at the time.

In my day job, I'm the newly-minted Director of Photography and Multimedia at The Cary News, a weekly community paper in the Triangle area of central North Carolina. We're one of four community papers owned by The (Raleigh) News & Observer, a McClatchy paper. In addition to shooting pictures for the paper, I'm now helping to train our staffs in multimedia storytelling. That's only a problem when they ask me how to do something I don't know how to do, which is down to only 3-4 times a week now-a-days.

In my spare (!) time, I'm the Photo and Design editor for Tar Heel Monthly, a glossy magazine covering sports at UNC-Chapel Hill, and I freelance for Getty Images.

With any luck, I'll post up some fun pictures, and maybe pass along some tips on how to make multimedia at a community newspaper with no money a limited budget.

Any feedback is welcome.

No comments: