Peripheral Vision does not play well with Internet Explorer, which has issues with blogger. Try Firefox or Safari instead.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Picture of the Day-Watching, Waiting


Some photographers don't enjoy shooting golf. I do, but I think the best pictures come from the quiet moments lurking just off of the putting green or tee box. Here, Green Hope high school golfer Kyle Sonnday waits for his turn to tee off on the third hole during a recent tournament.

Golf shooters live and die by the backgrounds in their images. Go check out Getty Images photographer Scott Halleran's work to see it done right. Here, I'm standing ankle deep in what I hoped wasn't poison ivy to clean up the mess of carts and houses behind Mr. Sonnday, and shooting backlit to even out the exposure. Shot with a Canon 1DM2 and a 300mm lens.

1 comment:

cycledork said...

This is the first time I've had an opportunity to comment on the site. For all the time I've known you I've never had a clue to the secret of a good golf shot. Not that I really give a shit about golf pix but you did make me think about it. Good work and keep it up!